Decklist current as of 07/06/16
Dimir House Guard
Disciple of Bolas
Marchesa, the Black Rose
Barter in Blood
Decree of Pain
Gem of Becoming
Temple of Deceit
Temple of Malice
Temple of Epiphany
Minamo, School at Water's Edge
Temple of the False God
- Mana curve is quite top-heavy, but I increased mana rock count to help compensate. Probably still needs a little work to get the average CMC down a bit.
- Still kinda want a Hedron Archive in here, but I can't decide if it replaces Thran Dynamo or goes in along side it.
- Has a Dimir House Guard, but no Damnation to tutor for. Could be an issue. If I can't find a Damnation to slot in, I may have to consider cutting DHG for something else.
- Flayer of the Hatebound is cool, but probably needs Living Death and maybe another card interaction or two to really be worth it.
- Now that I think about it, I have virtually zero reanimation; just Sheoldred, really. Need to fix that as well. Beacon of Unrest maybe?
- I have a Karn Liberated and an Ugin the Spirit Dragon not being used, keep wondering if this deck wants either of those. Haven't made up my mind.
- Sakashima can come into play as a copy of Thraximundar without legend-ruling herself. Very few decks can withstand a sustained onslaught from TWO Thraximundars. Getting a free Barter in Blood every attack step is fun.
- Have the good ol' Dack Fayden + Notion Thief synergy - +1 Dack targetting an opponent with the Thief on your side of the board and YOU get to draw the two cards, while your opponent is still on the hook to discard. In a pinch, you can also use Dack to force an opponent to draw two cards while you have a Consecrated Sphinx, drawing you four in the process.
- Marchesa and Grave Betrayal have good synergy with Thraximundar, and the rest of the forced-sacrifice theme present in the deck.